1/2 & 30K:
$55 through 2/28/14
$60 3/1 – 3/28/14
$65 Race Day
$35 through 2/28/14
$45 Race Day
$30 through 2/28/14
$40 Race Day
The 14th Annual Just A Short Run (JASR) is a benefit race for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. JASR is one of the best run/walk tune-up events for the upcoming Pittsburgh Marathon, Half-Marathon, & Relay.
The race has sold out the last 2 years, with a cap of 2500 runners/walkers. With the continued growth of distance races we anticipate closing out again this year. Register early and don’t miss this chance to run one of the region’s best races.
Event Start Location:
North Park Boathouse
399 Pearce Mill Road
Allison Park, PA 15101
Date & Time:
March 28, 2015
8:30 am start for 30K
8:33 am start for 5K, 8.1 and Half Marathon
All courses take place entirely on gently rolling paved roads through scenic North Park.
Split times will be based on the ChronoTrack timing for longer events at these intervals:
- 30K – 3.6 miles, 8.6 miles, 13.6 miles, 18.6 miles
- 1/2 Marathon – 3.1 miles, 8.1 miles, 13.1 miles
- 8.1 Mile – 3.1 miles, 8.1 miles
Timing / Results:
We will be using Elite Runners Race Management’s ChronoTrack Live timing system. Finish times will be posted on race day and will be available later on www.eliterunnersracing.com along with photos and video of each finisher (due to technical issues, not every runner may be photographed but we will do our best to get everyone).
The finish and loop lane setup of 2012 will be used again after its success in keeping the race flowing smoothly.
- All Half Marathon and 30K finishers will receive a commemorative finisher’s medal.
- Awards for Top Overall Finishers:
- Cash Awards for Top 5 Overall Male & Female finishers in the 30K & Half.
- Cash Awards for Top 3 Overall Male & Female in the 8.1 Mile and 5K.
- Per current USATF guidelines, all cash awards are based on gun time.
- Cash Awards for top Masters male & female in each race.
- Age Group Awards: Top 3 in each age group in all 4 events will be given medals. Age Group awards are based on chip time.
Age Group Award Breakdown:
- Top 3 Male and Female in each age group as follows:
1/2 Marathon /30K Age Groups:
- 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
5K & 8.1 Mile Age Groups:
- 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
No awards will be mailed out post race, so please stick around for the awards ceremonies. All unclaimed awards will be available at Elite Runners & Walkers in Robinson for 6 months post race. All unclaimed monetary awards will be donated to next year’s total.
Post Race Activities
Stick around for the awards ceremonies for all the races as well as enjoy great music, camaraderie, and the great recovery buffet from our sponsors.
Packet Pickup / Expo:
Packet Pickup and special sales will be held the 3 days prior to the event at our host sponsor
Elite Runners & Walkers
5992 Steubenville Pike
McKees Rocks, PA 15136
FYI, SPECIAL INCENTIVE TO PICK UP EARLY
All runners picking up in the shop on Wed-Fri will be entered into a drawing for a $500 New Balance Shoe & clothing package.
Wednesday March 26th 10 am – 7 pm
Thursday March 27th 11 am – 8 pm
Friday March 28th 10 am – 7pm
RACE DAY Registration/packet & packet pickup, if needed
Location: North Park Rose Barn (across the street from the Boathouse)
Time: 6:30 am – 8:20 am
We will run in rain, snow, or sunshine so please come prepared.
- We will have a secure bag drop located in a designated tent in front of the Boathouse.
- Your name and bib number must be clearly printed on the outside of the bag.
- The race will not be responsible for theft or loss of items left at the drop, so please do not leave valuables in the bags.
Parking will be available in the following main lots with shuttles running to the outlying lots before and after the race.
• Rose Barn • Spillway
• Ice Rink • Pool
• Any other designated parking area around the Boathouse.
- NO PARKING in the Boathouse lots on race day.
- There will be absolutely no parking along Pierce Mill Road in front of the Boathouse or Rose Barn, to allow the shuttles to stop and load/unload safely.
- Please CARPOOL & ARRIVE EARLY (i.e. at least 45 minutes to 1 hour minimum to catch shuttles),
- Park in the outlying lots and take the shuttles to the Boathouse.
- Shuttles begin running 2 hours pre-race and will run to 2:00 pm which is 1-1/2 hours after the course closes.
- You may park along Pierce Mill Road (other than in front of the Boathouse & Rose Barn). However, if you park in the grass along any of the roads and damage the park, the county police can issue a ticket. So please be careful where you park. We are offering plenty of parking spaces and we hope you use them.
Regardless of age or experience, we welcome any individuals with energy, spirit and commitment to be a part of the fun of these great events. If you would like to join us as a volunteer, please contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org